Just Getting Started

I'm sorry it's been a while since I posted. I've been trying to figure out what to post about. I thought I would start out by letting you know where we stand on sponsors. Currently, we have 5 commitments to sponsor orphans in Ethiopia. How cool is that! However, we still have room for more people to be involved. I've added a sponsor tracker on the right side of the blog so you can keep up with our progress.

I know things are tight for a lot of families these days and I'm not saying you should take food off the table to be a sponsor but please pray about what you can do to help. Brea and I have talked about how much we can do. Right now, we are considering sponsoring 5 children. After a lot of prayer, we have decided to re-allocate some of our tithe to support orphans. I'm not saying that anybody else should do this but it is what we feel God wants us to do. All we're doing is giving back to God (whether it is to our church or to His work in Africa).

As we get closer to Christmas, please take a few minutes and ask God what He would have you do to help those in need. When you're trying to decide what to buy for the person on your list who has everything, take a minute and think about what you can give to a child in Ethiopia who has nothing. Even a small gift will make a huge difference in an orphans life. They deserve to have someone who cares about them. Someone who will pray for them. Someone who will write them letters. Someone who will love them. YOU can be that someone.

1 comments:

  Laura Kelley www.pitterpatterart.com

December 16, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Love this post! We are so excited.